That was a great game last night. Total domination. I was actually expecting the Coyotes to make that a close game, but the Canucks really surprised me. It's actually quite amazing what the boys have been able to do lately with all the rookies getting called up and chipping in. Despite the injuries to guys like Aaron Rome, Andrew Alberts, and my oh-so-precious Alexander Edler, and Sami Salo not making his return yet (word is he's heading to the Moose for a week), the D is still doing quite well. How the hell does that work? Lee Sweatt and Christopher Tanev get some serious kudos right now, as does "Thunderdome" Cody Hodgson for making an awesome impression in his first couple of games. The bigger test for the rookies and defense will be tomorrow night though, when they host a rival in the Chicago Blackhawks.....
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game.
Wednesday's results, Thursday's scores, and Friday's schedule. UPDATE: Bruins and Stars had 3 fights and 2 goals in first 1:20 of their game tonight. No joke. (h/t to Sean for video)
Conference standings. How much longer until that Western glut breaks apart?
- Thrashers put Tobias Enstrom on IR, among other moves around the league.
- Penguins get ready to have Evgeni Malkin back in their lineup tomorrow night.
- Kris Letang for Norris? NHL.com thinks so.
- Pekka Rinne has been studying shootout moves quite closely.
- What possible moves could Flames GM Jay Feaster make as the trade deadline approaches?
- Hiring a coach for an NHL team is more complicated than it seems.
Some interesting facts so far this season.