Good morning, everyone. Today I have a special treat for you: a combination post! That's right, we are combining the Squid with an open thread for the Moose-Marlies game that is on CBC at 10:00 am PST. After the jump, you will find the regular programming of NHL links for the morning after our interesting game against the Bruins. But first, some Manitoba links to help prepare you for today's matchup against the Marlies:
- Preview for today's game.
- The Moose lost to the Marlies 3-1 yesterday, following a 5-3 loss to the Rochester Americans on Friday. Those AHL schedules can be mighty brutal...
- As mentioned in the comments, Manitoba signed goalie Mike Mole to a PTO. As was said before, this is likely just for the one game while Tyler Weiman is ill.
- Just because there's no veterans around doesn't mean there's no leadership in the group.
- A bit of praise for Garth Murray.
- Current AHL standings. Despite that streak where they were top of the division, the last couple losses have made them drop to 3rd.
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game. CBC's 3 stars were Milan Lucic, Tim Thomas, and Manny Malhotra.
- Last night's scores, and today's schedule. That was an interesting game between the Penguins and Maple Leafs last night.
- Conference standings. That glut in the middle of the West will make playoff matchups hard to predict.....
- As was mentioned in the comments yesterday, the Blackhawks are very close to an agreement for Brent Seabrook's contract extension.
- The Panthers traded Bryan McCabe to the Rangers yesterday for Tim Kennedy and a 3rd-round 2011 draft pick.
- Is it time to eliminate the divisions? One writer thinks so.
- We have been asked to include the SBNation trade deadline tracker aggregator in our posts, so here it is.
Finally, Ryan Kesler was on After Hours last night. Take a look: