Despite predicting a 5-1 win for us in the comments on Sean's preview, I had a feeling it could've been a 5-4 game. I should've gone with my gut, since Daniel Sedin nearly forced overtime to make it so last night. That was probably one of the worst Canucks games I have seen in a while (I was lucky to be at work when the Wild shut us out a few weeks ago). I did expect it though, considering that games against the Ducks are always like that. Players such as Christian Ehrhoff, Manny Malhotra and Raffi Torres need to get their butts in gear big time. It's also very unfortunate that Dan Hamhuis went down the way he need. It seems as though all our D are falling apart at the seams right now. We're just lucky that Sami Salo is pretty much ready to return against the Flames on Saturday night.
Elsewhere in the league, there's been some wheeling and dealing happening. Continue past the jump to see what's up (NEW EVENING LINK ADDED).
- Added (6:13pm): Craig Anderson takes a leave of absence from the Avalanche.
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game. I doubt the league will investigate on the Ryan Getzlaf issue.
Last night's scores, and today's schedule. Although it's all early games today, TSN will have the Devils and Maple Leafs fighting for worst in the East at 4:00.
Conference standings. Who cares, we still have our 9-point lead on the West, and a 16-point lead for 1st in the division.
- The Predators have acquired Mike Fisher from the Senators in exchange for draft picks.
- Yesterday, the Ducks got Francois Beauchemin back from the Maple Leafs in exchange for Joffrey Lupul, prospect Jake Gardiner, and a 2013 draft pick.
- Also yesterday, the Blackhawks acquired Michael Frolik and Alexander Salak from the Panthers in exchange for Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman and David Pacan.
Matt Cooke received a 4-game suspension yesterday.
- Sidney Crosby believes he'll be back this season.
- Last night's game between the Canadiens and Bruins was super-scrummy, including a goalie fight with Tim Thomas and Carey Price.
How well do the teammates know Jeff Tambellini? Nobody guessed this phobia.....