Trying out a new banner, hope you like!
This is the last Buzz before Christmas (at least until you start getting into the rum and egg nog), and I don't know about you, but nothing would get me in a festive mood more than a snuffing out of the Flames tonight!
Festive news & notes ahead.
Vancouver Canucks news & notes:
Here's the official Canucks holiday video:
Oh, and here's the team's version of the holiday Yule Log, amazingly titled "Hearth of a Canuck". Someone in the Canucks org loves puns as much as I do:
- Tonight's is a big game for the Canucks, as they could take the Northwest Division lead with a win over the Flames. Wasn't it just last week they were 6 points back? Oh, Minnesota just lost their 6th straight game last night? That'll help. [Sportsnet]
- In a guest post for The Province, Marda Miller looks at who's been naughty and who's been nice in the NHL this season, with a focus on the Canucks. [Legion of Blog]
- After Daniel Sedin's ridiculous head pass the other night, Puck Daddy takes a look at other creative soccer plays in hockey. [Puck Daddy]
- This is a really nice story of Cody Hodgson getting a ticket for his Grade 1 teacher to the game against the Leafs last weekend. Apparently she was one of the few who believed him when he was 6-years-old and telling everyone he'd be in the NHL one day. [The Province]
- Jeff Angus hands out his December Awards for the Canucks. [Canucks Army]
- The many faces of Roberto Luongo. The best: #5's "suck it" expression, and #3, where he looks way too much like Borat. [Pass it to Bulis]
- The Penguins' Deryk Engelland has been suspended 3 games for his leaping headshot on Marcus Kruger the other night. The Shanahammer explains:
- The Kings won in a shootout in Darryl Sutter's debut behind the bench. He looks so ecstatic to be coaching again! [Sportsnet]
- The Blue Jackets blew a 5-2 lead last night to lose 6-5 to the Predators. An awful team finding new ways to be awful. [CBC]
- More holiday videos: Harrison Mooney's hilarious breakdown of the Chicago Blackhawks video. [Puck Daddy]
- A great look at Evgeni Malkin and why he is a different player this year than in year's past. [The Hockey Writers]
- Missed this earlier in the week, but here's Elliotte Friedman's latest 30 Thoughts if you haven't read it yet. [CBC]
That's it for me for a little while, as I head out of town for the holidays. I should be back in action by mid-next week. Until then, best of the season to you and yours!