Those pesky Islanders are going to be a challenge tonight. Last year, they were one of the only 5 Eastern teams to pull off a win against us. Right now, despite being at the bottom of the Eastern standings (and Lambert's complaining about the Canucks racking up points against weaker NW teams? Check out the East, that's how they roll out there!), they are 7-3-0 in their last 10 games. In the last couple weeks, they have beaten both the Red Wings and the Penguins. Be wary of this team, they seem to like playing spoilers right now. Also of note is that this will be the first time we see Michael Grabner since we traded him. His line was recently very much involved in shutting down Sidney Crosby's point streak, so keep an eye on him tonight.
Canucks.com preview. Our game is at 4:00 PST on Sportsnet "Vancouver Hockey". Also, is it any surprise who the players to watch are?
Monday's results, and Tuesday's schedule. Keep an eye on the Rangers and Capitals, we play them next.
Conference standings. Newsflash: there's still a 4-point glut ranging from 5th to 12th in our division.
- The 2011 NHL All-Star Roster has been announced. We get to see Ryan Kesler, Henrik Sedin, and Daniel Sedin in Raleigh. Alain Vigneault will also be there as a coach, and Michael Grabner will be in the Rookie events.
- Meanwhile, down on the farm, Sergei Shirokov has been named to the AHL All-Star Game again.
- There are reports of Kyle Wellwood signing a 1-year deal with the Blues. (h/t to Twitchy for the fanshot)
- Sounds like Chris Osgood of the Red Wings is going to be out at least 6 weeks for his sports hernia surgery.
- So, word is that Stephane Auger is reffing our game tonight. Cue the controversy.
- After trading away Michal Rozsival for him yesterday, the question is what Tortorella can bring out of Wojtek Wolski.
- How about some midseason grades for each team?
- On a fun note, Yankee is having a photo caption game in the fanshots. Go.