Hey look, it's the first day of school! I'm sure quite a few of you are parents sending their kids off, so you must be feeling like the dad in this Staples commercial. If you're the working adult who doesn't have to deal with this stuff yet, you'll probably have to within a few years. If you're a university student like me whose classes don't start until tomorrow, then we have one more day left to sleep in (not that I was able to, mind you, but I will be making a double batch of muffins today to serve as my breakfasts for the next week). If you had to start your courses last week though, I'll try to hold back my laughter.
Here's what I found for links:
- Added: Via Friedman on Twitter, Kyle Wellwood has been invited to try out at the Coyotes training camp.
- Added: SBNation Mock Expansion Draft is complete. Alas, 2 Canucks were taken.
- Yep, Dan Ellis opened his mouth on Twitter again last night, even triggering a Twitter meme.
- Cory Schneider is ready for the big league.
- Down Goes Brown writes a funny review for NHL11 for the National Post.
- Hey look, the Canucks made SportingNews.com's list of 5 key off-season moves that do not involve Ilya Kovalchuk.
Open topic for today: What is one of your favourite memories of elementary school?