Hey look, it's already the Labour Day long weekend! Unless you're still working today, of course.
- Update (1:50): Kovalchuk deal officially done. The other contracts under investigation will most likely be allowed as well.
Added (11:51): A couple tweets from Darren Dreger (one and two): "TSN says a deal between the NHL and the PA has been reached and they're working on paper work for 5pm." "Kovalchuk deal will also get approved as part of the new global settlement." Of course, this naturally means for us that Luie's contract is also in the clear. More will obviously come later today.
- The Camrose Kodiacs of the AJHL will retire Mason Raymond's old jersey in their season opener against the Okotoks Oilers on September 10th.
- Mikael Samuelsson had a very low-key summer.
- The Vancouver Sun and the Province both got a few Canucks to talk about the possibility of Roberto Luongo's contract being voided.
- The Canadiens finally inked Carey Price to a 2-year deal yesterday.
- The Avalanche re-signed Chris Stewart for 2 more years as well.
- The Penguins have signed Mike Comrie to a 1-year contract. Looks like Hilary Duff has been spared of moving to Edmonton permanently.
- Scott Arniel isn't promising any miracles for the Blue Jackets.
- The Predators ownership group has completed their purchase of the franchise ownership shares. This means that local residents now own more than 95% of the shares.
Open topic for today: As many of you know, Yahoo! Sports NHL Fantasy for this year has started up, which means it's time to gauge interest. How many of you would like to be in a Nucks Misconduct league? And would you prefer Head-to-Head or Rotiserrie (there'll probably be a couple leagues, so we can have 1 or 2 of each)?