For all of you who missed the game I'll try give you a live play-by-play of how this game turns out.
- Sharks applying the pressure for the first 5:00 of the game
- Hordichuk takes a penalty. Lack makes his first stop and then Heatley and Bolduc go off for roughing. Chirping away at eachother in the box. Heatley gets the extra 2 for the added slash
- TORRES SCORES! A weak goal on Niittymaki..a wrister from the point! Wooo! From out of nowhere. The Sharks fans in The Tank let out a collective groan. Assisted by Hamhuis.
- Desbiens fights Mike Moore..a draw..except Desbiens' face looks worse for wear
- Torres goes off for delay of game as he batted the puck over the glass in his own zone...
- TSN's Ray Ferraro raving about Eddie Lack's size.
- But less than a minute into their PP, the Sharks' Joe Pavelski one-times a shot over Lack to make it 1-1. Assists to Couture and Setoguchi. On the PP the Sharks are
- After Ehrhoff takes a delay of game penalty less than a minute into the 2nd the Sharks make the Canucks pay after Jamie McGinn scores by tipping in a Vlasic slap shot.
- The Canucks got their wheels turning after that, with some pressure, including a Tambellini-Rome 2 on 1 which was stopped by Niittymaki, who has really settled down since the weak sauce goal.
- At the 9:18 mark the Sharks get a weak goal on Lack, a flopping shot over his glove by John McCarthy
- 15 seconds later, Hamhuis wrists a shot from the point and Raffi frickin' Torres tips it home to score his second goal and make it 4-2. That is the second time those 2 have connected on a goal tonight.
- The action was lame after that. Tight defensive hockey. Final shots in 2nd period: 8-8
Cody Hodgson outlook: looks good defensively but not generating much offensively. He has played 10:00, has 2 shots, no points and is a +2. A future Selke winner, claims yoata in the Game Thread. haha, hey, never say never.
- The Morrison line comes out firing but can't score.
- I've lost count on how many times Desbiens has been checked to the ice
- Bolduc takes an elbowing penalty and soon after Dany Heatley waltzes in and scores high on Lack to make it 5-2. FOUR power play goals for the Sharks in this game.
- Sharks were already in shutdown mode before that goal. Now even more so. Still attacking though, just conservatively.
- Even so, at 10:47 Andreas Lilja makes it 6-2 as Hodgson gets caught staring at the puck and not taking the man. Bye bye Selke. I kid..relax! 6-2 Sharks.
- With 1:49 left Christian Ehrhoff gets the loudest boo's from the bitter Sharks faithful. The same folks who dubbed him "Errorhoff".
- Thankfully it's over. It really could have been a lot worse. The kids couldn't generate enough quality scoring chances and they could not effectively kill penalties against the loaded Sharks squad.
- Shots in the 3rd: Sharks 9 Canucks 7. Overall: Sharks 30 Canucks 21. San Jose won 39 of 65 faceoffs.
- Dan Hamhuis played 22:00, second only to Dan Boyle (22:44).