Well, last night's game didn't go so well. The Canucks prospects became incredibly undisciplined in the 2nd period, giving the Ducks 7 powerplays in the last 40 minutes. Evan Oberg and Pierre-Olivier Morin did tie up the game 2-2 in the 3rd period, but the Ducks managed to make it 3-2 with a few minutes left. They would seal it with an empty-net goal and win 4-2. The Canucks prospects may want to try to stop marching to the box when they face the Flames prospects at 12:00 pm PDT today.
Also, before I send you over the jump, Brendan Morrison has been offered a pre-season tryout contract by the Canucks. He will join us for training camp and preseason, and apparently he is determined to make the team, not just showcase his talent. (hat tip to Twitchy who put up the fanshot)
Rest of your links after the jump
- A recap of last night's game.
Kevin Connauton talks about the transition in loyalty from Oilers fan to Canucks prospect.
- Prab Rai is serving as a role-model for the Indo-Canadians living in British Columbia.
- Is Rick Rypien's place with the Canucks in danger?
- Christian Ehrhoff is confident he'll get an extension on his contract before he becomes a UFA next summer.
- Markus Naslund will be honoured with a special tribute and the puck-dropping ceremony when the Sharks and Blue Jackets kick off their regular season in Stockholm.
- Finally, Justin Bourne has an excellent piece on how the current NHL steroid testing is inadequate.