Well, I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday. The Canucks may have lost 4-1 to the Oilers prospects, but as vancitydan recapped in the Squid yesterday, it was good to see how well our prospects are doing. Vancouver plays again tonight at 7:30 pm PST against the Sharks, and the live streams will be on Team1040 and canucks.com once again.
It's also good timing for me to get up and complete the Squid, because Roberto Luongo just gave up his captaincy. From Mike Gillis in the press release: "We respect and support his decision to relinquish the captaincy and are confident that he will continue to help lead our team through his tremendous character and work ethic both on and off of the ice." The Province is reporting on Twitter that his replacement will be chosen before the start of the regular season (although almost everyone already knows it will be either Henrik Sedin or Ryan Kesler)
Rest of your links after the jump.
- A recap of last night's game.
- Kesler likes the Canucks's chances at the Cup this year.
- Now taking a look at Jordan Schroeder and his chances of making the team.
- Bill Sweatt talks about his first month of having his Twitter account unprotected.
- Rod Brindamour is getting used to the 2nd part of his career with the Hurricanes.
- Meanwhile, Steve Yzerman doesn't want to brag about the Lightning beating the Red Wings in the shootout last night.