(Warning: this is probably the most pessimistic you'll ever see me. And I'm usually a hard-core optimist.....)
Although a good night's rest did some good, it did not completely remove the misery I felt from last night's game. Now that the Canucks are down 3-1 in the series, there is very little hope left. Sure, we could try to pull a Habs move and win the next 3 games to move on (which is the only way we're making it out of this series alive now). But the Blackhawks are much more in tune than the Capitals were. Although I would love to see the Canucks pull off 3 straight wins now, I'm starting to have a gut feeling that it might not happen this year.....
Links after the jump.
- Recaps of last night's 7-4 heartbreaker. (NHL, Yahoo, Canucks, TSN, Vancouver Sun)
- Simon Gagne scored the OT winner as the Flyers forced a Game 5 against the Bruins. (NHL, Stanley Cup of Chowder, Broad Street Hockey)
- Today, at 4:00 pm PST, Penguins host Canadiens to break the 2-2 series tie. (NHL, Pensburgh, Habs Eyes on the Prize)
- And at 7:00 pm PST, the Sharks have yet another chance to eliminate the Red Wings (NHL, Fear the Fin, WInging It In Motown)
- Looking at how the Canucks' playoff beards are going. (CanucksTV)
- Well, at least he's not a fan of his hometown Flames.... (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
- The Americans lost to the Germans at the WC's this morning. LOL! (TSN)
- Speaking of the WC's, be sure to check out the new SBNation blog "Puck Worlds", which is dedicated to international championships, as well as European and junior leagues. There will be extensive coverage of the tournament there. (Puck Worlds)
- Hey look, Pierre McGuire could be leaving our hockey broadcasts!!! (SBNation)
If you find more links, throw them in the comments.