"After the game I think you're disappointed for sure because you know what could've been. But it takes you a half an hour and then you have to start thinking positive and we got a split which we're really happy with."
This was what Henrik Sedin said to the media yesterday while the Canucks had an off-ice practice back at GM Place. Although they were miserable right after the game (the Roberto Luongo quote in that article says it well), after getting a night's sleep and returning to Vancouver they were much more positive about having split the 2 road games. After all, they're about to have 2 home games, and a strong chance to go up 3-1 in the series. (By the way, Henrik explained to the media yesterday that there was no injury, and he had just taken a rougher hit on Monday night. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Gallagher.)
Speaking of the home games, Game 3 is tonight. What will happen this time? We've already had 1 game where the Blackhawks didn't show up, and another where the Canucks started well but were horrible for the rest of the game. Can we have at least 1 game where both teams show up to play at full potential? Seriously, it's when both teams show up to play that we get the fun, and truly important, games. Puck drop is at 6:30 pm PST.
Links after the jump.
- Marc-André Fleury was amazing, and Evgeni Malkin finally stopped his pointless streak by scoring the winner as the Penguins shut out the Canadiens 2-0 to take a 2-1 series lead. (NHL, Pensburgh, Habs Eyes on the Prize)
- Hey look, it's Patrick Marleau! Where 'ya been, buddy? He scored the OT winner off a feed from Jumbo Joe Thornton as the Sharks earned a 3-0 series lead to put the Red Wings on the edge of elimination. (NHL, Fear the Fin, Winging It In Motown)
- At 4:00 pm PST, the Bruins will attempt to get a 3-0 series lead as well over the Flyers. (NHL, Stanley Cup of Chowder, Broad Street Hockey)
- And, of course, the previews for our game. (NHL, Yahoo, TSN, Canucks, more will come later)
- Shane O`Brien believes they need to be tougher tonight. (Canucks)
- Looking at the strange bandwagon habits that us wacky Canadians have.... (THN)
- NHL hockey getting more popular? Cool. (Fanhouse)
If you find any more links, throw them in the comments. Be sure to check and make sure I haven't already posted it, though, since I update the links throughout the day and continuously add more.