*I am heading up-island today for the long weekend to visit family. Although I will try my best to keep tabs on hockey and post the Squid, don't expect much more action from me on here. Normality will resume Monday evening.
- Dustin Byfuglien is getting to be a real pest, eh? He scored the OT winner last night to give the Blackhawks a 3-0 series lead over the Sharks. (NHL, Second City Hockey, Fear The Fin)
- Today at 12:00 pm PST, the Canadiens will try to tie up their series with the Flyers. (NHL, Broad Street Hockey, Habs Eyes on the Prize)
- Well done, Roberto Luongo. By representing Canada, he earned a spot in the IIHF decade All-Star Team. (IIHF, h/t to dleung17 in the fanshots)
- Well, not all the problems are solved yet, but the NHL and KHL are making progress. (Puck Daddy)
- Interesting read about how the NHL seems to rather cater to the matiné desires of free-loading NBC rather than the millions of viewers who love HNIC (who forks over $110 million in profits to showcase the games)... (THN)
- 2007 Ducks as the best Stanley Cup Champions of all time? Excuse me, I need to go barf, that year is the main reason I despise that team! (THN)
- Updates from the AHL playoffs: the Hershey Bears (aka baby Capitals) have a 3-2 series lead over the Manchester Monarchs (baby Kings), and play Game 6 tonight. Meanwhile, the Hamilton Bulldogs (baby Habs), who eliminated the Moose in the 1st round, also play tonight and will try to break their series tie with the Texas Stars (this AHL affiliate is probably way too obvious). The winners of these 2 series will face each other in the Calder Cup Finals. (AHL)
- Be sure to check out the battle in the Fanpost section, where newcomer Gucci Cowgirl and Sean are trying to see who can best rearrange words to songs to relate to the Canucks. Also, check out the post below this one on the main page, with all the year's biggest videos.