Well, isn't this entertaining? We have 3 teams that still refuse to die in this round of the playoffs, trying to force more and more games against their opponents (this comes to mind). And one of these teams is the Canucks. Game 5 proved that they are still in this series, and that there is still life. What we need now is a win at home in Game 6. I'm hoping they take some inspiration from the Habs who faced this exact situation last night and survived (check after the jump for more details). Once again, Roberto Luongo needs to be spectacular, and our defence will have to survive without Sami Salo. Our forwards should probably pick up the slack on their goal-scoring as well. Can the Canucks win and force a Game 7, or will the Blackhawks eliminate them? Game 6 is tonight, at 6:30 pm PST.
Links after the jump.
- The Canadiens beat the Penguins 4-3 to force a Game 7 back in Pittsburgh. (NHL, Pensburgh, Habs Eyes on the Prize)
- The Bruins were completely shut down as the Flyers won 4-0 to force a Game 6 back in Philadelphia. (NHL, Stanley Cup of Chowder, Broad Street Hockey)
- Previews for our game. (NHL, Yahoo, TSN)
- More analysis of the Phoenix Coyotes situation: Ice Edge pulled out of agreements last night. (Yahoo, Puck Daddy)
- Looks like a few other teams could also be switching owners this summer.... (THN)
- The NHLPA has filed a grievance against the Tampa Bay Lightning for refusing to pay for a player's surgery. (Pro Hockey Talk, h/t to WAACH)
Throw any more links you find in the comments. Not sure how often I'll be updating today, though, I'll be in class for 5 straight hours and I'm not sure if I'll be using my computer......