That was a much better game. They realized it's time to step up and win, and they did it to force another game against the Blackhawks. Somehow, Roberto Luongo found a way to stand on his head again, and the rest of the team figured out a way to help him. Also helps when Christian Ehrhoff and Kevin Bieksa both find the back of the net for once (or in Kevin's case, twice last night). Of course, there were a couple strange injuries, with Shane O`Brien having his forehead torn open twice and Sami Salo.... well, we've heard enough about that injury. Enough so that there are already a Twitter account, a Facebook page, and a YouTube fan-made "History Will Be Made" video made about it. Thankfully, the later reports confirmed it's not ruptured, so that's good news.
Links after the jump.
- Recaps of last night's 4-1 relief. (NHL, Yahoo, TSN, Vancouver Sun, Second City Hockey)
Canadiens. (NHL, Pensburgh, Habs Eyes on the Prize)
can eliminate the
Flyers. (NHL, Stanley Cup of Chowder, Broad Street Hockey)
can try again to eliminate the
- Hey look, an official "History Will Be Made" video featuring Bieksa! (CanucksTV)
- So, this is what the 3 stars looks like when there's only 1 game on and the Canucks win it..... (Puck Daddy)
- Look who got to write the Red Wings eulogy this year for Puck Daddy's series! (Second City Hockey)
- Comparing the Chicago-Vancouver series to high school. (Blades of Funny, h/t to WAACH)
If you find more links, throw them in the comments as always.