Wow, what a much better game. Did our penalty kill improve? Yeah, I'd say so, especially compared to the rest of this series. Did Roberto Luongo shine? Oh boy, did he ever on a couple of those saves! Although it started a little rougher in the 1st period with a couple failed penalty kills, the 2nd period was a huge improvement with some successful penalty kills and a couple goals. The 3rd period was even stronger, and incredibly fun. Henrik Sedin would score the winner, Ryan Kesler would get the empty net goal, and the Canucks would win 6-4 to retie the series with the Kings. Now this pretty much becomes a best-of-3 scenario, where the Canucks once again have home-ice advantage. Aren't the playoffs fun?
Links after the jump.
- More recaps of last night's awesome win. (NHL, Canucks, Kings, Battle of California, ESPN, Vancouver Sun, Jewels from the Crown, Nucks Misconduct, Copper and Blue)
- Capitals beat Canadiens 6-3, now one win away from winning series. (NHL, Japer's Rink)
- Bruins edge Sabres 3-2 in double OT, now also one win away from winning series. (NHL, Stanley Cup of Chowder, Die By The Blade)
- Today's games: Penguins can eliminate Senators, Flyers can eliminate Devils, Predators can take a stronger series lead over the Blackhawks, and Sharks are back to square 1 with the Avalanche. (NHL)
- Yet another place where Henrik outperforms Alex Ovechkin :P (Puck Daddy)
- Dynamo Moscow of the KHL will be no more. No joke here, people, it's actually true. After too many financial troubles, the team will no longer exist. (NHL)
- This year's Calder nominees: Matt Duchene, Jimmy Howard, and Tyler Myers. (NHL)
- Top 10 Greatest Playoff Overtime Moments. (THN)
- Some funny reasons for the NHL to make a conspiracy against us. (THN)
- Habs fans are pretty much already calling defeat. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
- Much like the Sabres, our Manitoba Moose lost in double OT, by a score of 5-4, to the Hamilton Bulldogs, and are now 1 loss away from elimination. (Moose)
If you find any more links, throw them in the comments as always.