Yes, last night's game was pathetic. It's obvious our penalty kill needs a complete overhaul. And now, we have to win 3 of the last 4 games. Come on Canucks, I believe in you. If they could do it against the Flames in 1994, you can do it here.
In other news, I have decided to move one of the links up to above the jump so that I can be the first to offer my congratulations to Selke nominee Ryan Kesler. Yes, that's right, they announced it just minutes ago: this year's nominees for the Selke are Kesler, Pavel Datsyuk, and Jordan Staal. As most of us know, Kesler and Datsyuk were both nominees last year, with Datsyuk winning it a 2nd season in a row. Congrats on the repeat nomination, Ryan! (And just as I post the Squid, Yankee posts a full congratulatory story about it and tries to steal my thunder on the breaking news....)
Rest of the links after the jump.
- Recaps of last night's 5-3 loss to the Kings. (NHL, Yahoo, Vancouver Sun, Nucks Misconduct, Canucks, Reid Report, Kings, Jewels from the Crown)
- Capitals outplayed Canadiens 5-2. (NHL, Japer's Rink, Habs Eyes on the Prize)
- Bruins edged Sabres 2-1. (NHL, Stanley Cup of Chowder, Die By The Blade)
- Today's games: Red Wings face Coyotes, Senators host Penguins, Flyers battle Devils, Predators fight off Blackhawks, and Avalanche look to continue upsetting the Sharks. (NHL)
- Analysis of last night's no-goal. Maybe I should just avoid the topic today, it will just furthur infuriate me.... (Puck Daddy, TSN)
- Looking back at how Alexandre Burrows became a Canuck star. (NHL)
- Is it really that surprising that Mikael Samuelsson turned out to be the Canucks' best player so far in these playoffs? He's the only real positive right now. (Yahoo)
- Yay, some offseason rumours for the Maple Leafs, Blues, and Rangers! (THN)
- Who wants a tshirt with a Blackhawk mullet (à la Patrick Kane) on it? (Pucking Hilarious)
- Remember that photoshop contest Puck Daddy is holding to make fun of Shane Doan's awesome goal face? Well, here's the first gallery of submissions. I'll post my favourite one below the links, I was laughing my head off for a few minutes when I first saw it. (Puck Daddy)
- On a happier note, the Manitoba Moose blew out the Hamilton Bulldogs 7-2 in Game 3 of their series. Hamilton is still leading the series 2-1. (Moose, Highlights at CanucksTV)
Throw any more links you find in the comments. And here's my favourite Doan Face: