Welcome friends. To celebrate this fine fall evening, here are some fast facts:
- Brest, France was the only French-speaking city in western Brittany before the 1789 French Revolution.
- Takayama, Japan is the the largest city in Japan by surface area and the name means "tall mountain" in reference to the nearby dormant Mount Norikura volcano.
- Kenya's capital of Nairobi enjoys the nickname "The Green City in the Sun".
- Karmiel is the first city in Israel to receive ISO 9002 certification with strict laws to prevent pollution and protect its environment.
- The BC Lion's own Wally Buono was born in Potenza, Italy.
- Most of the ancient Aztec emperors - and the Shah of Iran as well as many English nobles - spent their summers in Cuernavaca, Mexico.
- Chennai, India is home to "Kollywood", the largest Tamil language filmmaking industry in the world.
- In folklore, the Chinese city of Kunming is protected by a green rooster that flew out of the moon and a golden horse that ran out of the sun (ed: I'll have what they're having please).
- Axum, Ethiopia claims to house the real Ark of the Covenant in the city's Orthodox Church.
- Ulan Bator - or Ulaanbaatar if you love vowels - is the capital and largest city of Mongolia and named in honor of Mongolia's national hero Damdin Sükhbaatar.
Why all these seemingly unrelated tidbits? In fact they are related: all these are sister cities of Denver and isn't it more interesting to get your learn rather than focus on Denver and dissect the friggin Avs for the second time in two weeks?
The math is simple: Kollywood > Peter Budaj, Sükhbaatar > Matt Doucheane and Wally Buono > Joe Sacco. And with Ginger Jesus in net, the Avs should just forfeit. No one beats the day walker. No one.
And now you know...