That game last night was absolutely disgusting. Seriously. No more excuses. After a road trip where they played bad, they should've come roaring out of the game in their firsthome game back. Instead, they let the Blackhawks slaughter them 7-1 in one of the worst Canucks game I have seen in a very long time. CBC even confirmed that it was our worst home game since a 7-0 loss to the Sharks 11 years ago. This team needs to pull their crap together. Especially in this tight conference. Hell, the Avalanche took away our NW division lead last night, and with many other Western teams grabbing points in the big kerfuffle that is 4th through 13th places, the Canucks dropped all the way down to 7th. Seriously, the Canucks have no motivation right now, just acting like "a bunch of lazy millionaires picking up their paycheques" as Canuckles described in the gamethread last night. If they expect to have any success, they need to start earning it. And they can start tonight, as they host the Coyotes.
Links after the jump.
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game, and preview for tonight's game.
- Last night's scores, and today's schedule. If anyone's up and interested, CBC is showing an AHL game at 10:00am PST today. It'll be the Hamilton Bulldogs (baby Canadiens) vs the Toronto Marlies.
- Conference standings. Yep, that loss officially screwed us.
- Prospect trading time! Flyers sent Patrick Maroon and David Laliberte to the Ducks in exchange for Rob Bordson and Danny Syvret.
- Why all 30 teams still have a chance at the Cup this year.
- I'm working 12-4 today, and Sean and Yankee are still partying it up / recovering from hangovers / planning to attend tonight's game in Vancouver. If you find any more links, be sure to throw them in the comments here. Also, since it didn't go up on the main page properly (wait, nevermind, one of the guys fixed it just as I posted), here's Sean's game preview. Also be sure to visit Five For Howling, SBNation's Coyotes blog. Travis Hair is cool.