Well, that was a disappointing game in Pittsburgh. Our "excellent" powerplay completely backfired last night, going 0 for 6, and also resulted in a couple horribly-covered Penguins goals. For example, if Sidney Crosby is about to come out of the box, don't get the puck be cleared past your defense just in time for the superstar to get a clean breakaway. Also, if you're on the powerplay, you shouldn't be allowing Max Talbot to get a short-handed wrap-around goal that would become the gamewinner. That was a bad game to end the road trip, and it's not getting any easier when they go home to face the Blackhawks on Saturday.
Plenty of links after the jump.
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game.
Last night's scores, and today's schedule. Bad nights for a few goalies.
Conference standings. The Avalanche are catching up to us again. Also, the Pacific division is heating up.
- In case anyone didn't hear about it yesterday, the Flames sent Brett Sutter and Ian White to the Hurricanes in exchange for Tom Kostopoulos and Anton Babchuk.
- More trouble for the Oilers as Nikolai Khabibulin heads for the injury reserve. They have called up Martin Gerber from Oklahoma City.
- Mattias Ritola of the Lightning has been suspended 2 games for a charging incident involving Matt Moulson last night.
And the new captain of the Atlanta Thrashers is...... Andrew Ladd. Dustin Byfuglien and Tobias Enstrom will be the assistants.
- Pictures from Day 11 of the road trip.
- Carey Price is winning back the support of the rabid Canadiens fanbase.
- Down on the farms: Victoria dropped yesterday's matinee to Bakersfield. Meanwhile, the Moose host the Rockford IceHogs tonight.