As many of you know, I've had some interesting predictions involving this Eastern Conference road trip, particularily about the Canadian stops. Based on the trends from the last 2 seasons, I predicted we would get shut out in Montreal (again), not do too well in Ottawa, and play badly in Toronto while barely pulling off the win (again). Well, I did call the shutout with the Canadiens, but I didn't call the 6-2 win over the Senators. I only got to watch the 1st period of the game against the Maple Leafs last night, but from what I saw in that period and all the comments in the gamethreads for the other 2 periods, it sounds like the Canucks played down to their level and barely got the win again. The 5-3 win puts me at 2/3 for my predictions on this road trip. Looking into the future, I'm expecting the Canucks to pull their stuff back together against the Sabres tomorrow night, before a barn-burner against Sidney Crosby and the Penguins on Wednesday night.
Links after the jump.
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game.
- Last night's scores, and today's schedule. Rangers and Oilers are already in the middle of a matinée right now.
- Conference standings. Wait a tick: since when are the Ducks 5th place in the conference? And how the hell are they on a 6-game winning streak?
- You guys remember how Andrei Markov just came back from knee surgery, right? Well, it sounds like he re-injured it last night.
- Is all the ice time starting to exhaust Duncan Keith?
- The Blues are still holding strong in this tough conference.
- Pictures from Day 7 on the road. Has anyone told Mikael Samuelsson to wear longer shorts yet?
- Down on the farms: Moose beat Rochester 6-2 last night, while Victoria lost to Vegas 3-1.