Good morning, everyone. Relax, I'm doing just fine, I've come to the "acceptance" stage of the grief for my precious SOB being traded away. I will most definitely miss that gorgeous hunk. Oh well, I guess Alexander Edler will have to pick up the slack....
Obviously, Gillis had a big day yesterday, making that trade. However, as Sean pointed out, he's not done yet. One thing he's looking into is trading Darcy Hordichuk away, which
I would greatly support if he can sucker another GM into taking him for a bag of pucks actually JUST HAPPENED!!!!! Kypreos says that he's been traded to the Panthers (does Gillis have some friendship with their GM or something?) for Andrew Peters. Official press release here.
As I was saying before the news broke, another issue that is also scheduled to be resolved in the next couple of days is the captaincy. I am on high alert for that breaking news already, and can't wait to find out who takes the C.
Links after the jump.
- Update: 4:18 PM: The Oilers have shipped Sheldon Souray to the Capitals' affiliate Hershey Bears on a loan basis. The only way they can trade him now is if he is brought up on re-entry waivers, TSN reports. That could be a costly move for the team if another squad picks him up at half price.
- Speaking of captaincy, the Oilers have selected Shawn Horcoff as their new captain.
- As Sean also reported a short while ago, all those players who went on waivers yesterday passed through safely. This means that Jeff Tambellini and Ryan Parent both made it to Manitoba with no issues.
Guillaume Desbiens has gone through a lot to get back to the NHL.
- Who does Canada like for Cup chances? Believe it or not, the Canucks are not the nationwide favourite....
- Another Western Conference preview.
- NHL.com's season predictions. Hey look, no mention of us for once!!!
- A new rule on head hits has been established to start this season.
- Hey, it's not so bad for your young prospects to be demoted to the AHL.
What was the biggest hockey moment for 2009-2010? Is there really any other answer?