Well, we may have a week off from any Canucks hockey games, but that doesn't mean there isn't any news. Already this morning, as Yankee reported in his fanshot, Brendan Morrison has been released from his PTO with the Canucks. This is the first cut we've heard of today, and we're still waiting to hear more. This post will be updated as we go along (Canucks news before the jump), since lots of teams are making cuts today.
Rest of links and cuts after the jump.
- Added: Moose trim roster by 15. So far, only Ryan Turek has been reported as coming to Victoria.
- As Yankee also reported earlier, Michael Grabner was put on waivers by the Panthers this morning. Hmm, interesting how quickly that trade is turning in our favour. Some on Twitter are suggesting we grab him off waivers to really rub in the success on that trade. I think we have enough roster issues here already.
- Rangers made some cuts today, including our 2nd-most favourite Norwegian Mats Zuccarello.
- Avalanche also made a couple cuts, and Mile High Hockey thinks this finalizes their opening night roster.
- Puck Daddy talks to NHL VP Mike Murphy. Includes a question regarding a questionable call he made against the Canucks back in the playoffs.
David Krejci may be the Czech player for the Bruins, but the Prague media swamped Slovakian player Zdeno Chara.
- A little chat about the importance of having parents simmer down about minor hockey.