- Martin Havlat's agent Allan Walsh bitches about his client's ice time. (Puck Daddy)
Why the Leafs can win the Stanley Cup (NHL.com). Relax, it's a segment where they discuss why each team in the NHL could win it all. Speaking of TO, they will be without Colby Armstrong for 4-6 weeks with a finger injury (no not Jeff Finger).
- A hatty for Joe Thornton plus 2 assists. Poolies rejoice! He was in on every Sharks goal in a 5-2 drubbing of the sinking Devils, the next team we play.
- Edmonton is the first Canadian NHL city to bring in the cheerleaders. What are your thoughts on that and possible cheerleaders in Vancouver? I used to have an annoyed old school stance on this, but not anymore.
- Andrei Markov makes his highly anticipated return to the Canadiens' lineup on Friday. Sportsnet's Louis Jean wants the Habs to re-sign him. I'm seeing an injury trend with Markov that ain't pretty. Learn from the Canucks and Salo, Montreal. Actually no, don't. Burn Habs burn!
- The only NHL team that has not lost in regulation: The Nashville Predators. Man, that team does so much with so "little" every damned year.
- Shane Doan and his brother made an appearance on the hit Canadian show Mantracker this past July. Not sure when it airs yet.
- It looks like Pavol Demitra is leading the Locomotiv in scoring in the KHL.
- Hawks lose Marian Hossa to upper body injury after a 3-1 win over the Kings.
- Convicted sex offender Graham James was arrested in TO Airport yesterday, as he is wanted on NINE new sex offender charges from 3 other people. Jail time? Unfortunately. They should string this guy up by his testicles. Or put him a cage with Theo Fleury.
- To finish this off with a positive twist, check out this Break.com compilation of human stunts and feats. Lots of jaw-dropping stuff there.
Open Ice, October 27, 2010
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.