|Time||Wed, 7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||(2009/10) 2-2-0 Canucks
5-4 Canucks (03-02-10)
|The Enemy||Anaheim Calling, Battle Of California||Scoring Leaders|| Sedins: 3 Koivu: 2
||Goals Per Game||0.67 (30)
||Least Goals Against Per Game||4.33 (28)
||5 On 5 GF/GA||0.10 (30)
||Power Play %
|88.9 (9)||Penalty Kill %
||Shots Per Game||24.0 (29)
||Least Shots Against Per Game||48.3 (30)
||Winning % When Scoring First||0
||Winning % When Leading After 1||0
||Winning % When Trailing After 1||0
||Winning % When Leading After 2||0
||Winning % When Trailing After2||0
||Faceoffs %||43.0 (29)
||Least PIM's Per Game||48.3 (30)
||+ / - GF/GA (see here)
(The above stats and standings as of 7:00 PM October 12.)
Update (3:22 PM): Ducks coach Randy Carlyle talks about what the problem is in Anaheim and how he is trying to remedy it.
Update: Word is that Henrik Sedin will be on TSN's Off The Record 2:00 PM PST today.
Wow. If there was ever a time to go back home and try to hit a reset button that time would be now for the Ducks. Off to one of the (if not THE) worst starts in their franchise history, their team stats above paint a grisly picture. Look at their shots against per game average above. Yieee. And hey! Maybe a team that will take more penalties than us this time! Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry and Jason Blake have a combined ZERO points, 31 shots, 52 PIM's and a -12. That, my friends, will change soon enough. Just hope it's not against us.
Much more updates and news:
- Disturbing stats are both cool and freaky. Or freaky cool. I gotta tip my hat to Hodge for sending me this tidbit about Roberto Luongo today in regards to his 3rd game of the season performances over the past 3 seasons:
2007-08, third game of the season, four goals allowed, pulled after 20
2008-09, third game of the season, five goals allowed, pulled after 40
2009-10, third game of the season, four goals allowed, pulled after 26
Dan Hamhuis missed Tuesday's practice with a sore groin but will play against Anaheim
Goon Alert: Just in time to play the Dirty Ducks, Rick Rypien will return to the lineup after missing weeks with broken ribs. I am assuming that means Jeff Tambellini sits unless Guillaume Desbiens doesn't return in time after tweaking his back at practice.
- Jannik Hansen will play on Line 2 with Ryan Kesler and Mason Raymond once again. He has earned that.
- The Ducks have lost tough guy defenceman Andy Sutton for 6-8 weeks due to surgery on a broken thumb. They have called up Brett Festerling to replace him.
- Anaheim signed free agent Andreas Lilja to a $600,000 1-way contract on Sunday, as they are without the services of Toni Lydman.
- OK, video time. Remember what happened the last time the Canucks played the Ducks in the regular season?
Why does Kesler hate Corey Perry? Who cares? It makes for compelling television:
In December 2008 The Canucks and Ducks went 13 rounds in a shootout:
The Canucks won that game 7-6. It was Halloween. It was memorable. Anything can happen when these 2 teams play. Prepare for a violent affair! Go Canucks!