That was a decent game last night. Daniel Sedin lit up the lamp twice, with Henrik Sedin and Mikael Samuelsson getting all the assists, as the Canucks beat the Panthers 2-1. Roberto Luongo and Tomas Vokoun were both playing very well. The one Florida goal was a fluke off of the skate of Alexander Edler, which I'm not too happy about. Keep an eye on the Panthers this year: they're starting to show that they mean business. Our next game is tomorrow night, when we start a California road trip with another battle against those bloody Ducks. In the meantime, we are sitting at 3 points overall, which is something we have in common with a triangle. (Remember all the jokes from last year about the Maple Leafs?)
Links after the jump.
- Update (10:52 AM): The Leafs have put over priced failure Jeff Finger on waivers this morning, He is making $3.5 million per season. Injuries and demotions have hindered his NHL career.
- A recap of last night's game.
Last night's scores, and today's schedule. Only the 2 games today, with the Red Wings hosting the Avalanche and the Kings hosting the Thrashers.
Conference standings. You know it's still early in the season when it only takes 1 win for us to jump from 13th to 6th in the conference...
- Niklas Hjalmarsson hit Jason Pominville hard last night. No word yet on discipline, but here's video.
- Meanwhile, we still have yet to hear if James Wisniewski will get any discipline for giving an obscene gesture to Sean Avery. Added: Lighthouse Hockey is having a little contest. Whoever comes up with the best interpretation for the gesture wins.
- St. Louis Game Time knows they shouldn't be getting cocky about the Blues winning their first 2 games. Hmm, maybe I should forward this link to Pension Plan Puppets...
- You remember that link I had up last week about the NHL teaming up with comic book writers? THN takes a jab at who each team's hero (or villain) is.
Pavel Datsyuk talks about his fight with Corey Perry.