Yes, I changed up the title a little for today, since it's the Canadian Thanksgiving Monday up here. And now that I think of it, maybe I should make myself some form of a turkey dinner tonight, to enjoy while the Canucks host the Panthers. As Sean already stated in the preview, we get to see Darcy Hordichuk and Steve Bernier so soon after we traded them away, and apparently they already got points against the Oilers the other night. If they're that effective again in the Florida lineup, this could bite us in the ass. Be sure to visit tonight's nemesis at Litter Box Cats (although it looks like they're starting to develop a community, it's still much quieter there than it is here).
Links after the jump.
- A couple game previews from NHL.com and Canucks.com.
- Last night's scores, and today's schedule.
- Conference standings. Yes, get your laughs while you can, the Maple Leafs won't be at the top of the league for too much longer....
- Tonight's game will be in honour of Stan Smyl. Be sure to check out the special version of the main page on Canucks.com, lots of 40th anniversary articles there.
- NHL.com has put together a highlights video from the opening weekend. Okay, that Derek Roy goal was pretty cool.
- Blueland Blog has the updates on Ondrej Pavelec, including statements from both the Thrashers and Ondrej himself.
- Here's an interesting headline to suddenly pop up on Twitter: Stars forward Mike Ribeiro has been arrested for public intoxication.
- For those who didn't hear over the weekend, Zdeno Chara and the Bruins have agreed to a 7-year contract extension.
- Speaking of extensions, Mike Babcock got a 4-year one for his coaching gig with the Red Wings.
- Down on the farms, the Manitoba Moose have won both of their games so far this season, beating the Rockford Ice Hogs 5-2 the other day. Meanwhile, the Victoria Salmon Kings beat the UBC Thunderbirds in both exhibition games this weekend, but lost Matt Pope to a PTO for the AHL's San Antonio Rampage (baby Coyotes).