Once in a while I try to keep you up to date with injury situations or roster moves.
Today I am feeling generous! (haha!)
- Sabres forward Derek Roy will be out of action for about 2 weeks with a hand injury.
- Maximus Afinogenov (shoulder injury) should return to the Sabres lineup tonight against Pittsburgh.
- Ryan Miller (abdominal strain) could return between the pipes on Saturday against Ottawa. But what's the hurry when Martin Biron is playing so well?
- Toni Lydman (neck strain) is feeling migraine pain lately. He will not return yet. Use Motrin.
- Andrew Raycroft will not play for the Leafs on Saturday, but should return next week.
- Ruslan Salei is going to have a career season with Florida. He has points in 6 straight games, and already has 11 on the season. Somewhere out there, Earl Sleek is groaning!
- Richard Zednik (wrist), who has been out of action for over 2 weeks, could play for the Capitals tonight.
- For all the bashing done on Alex Tanguay, he does have 6 assists in his last 3 games. He does have to shoot the puck more though.
- The Canucks have sent Dany Sabourin back to Manitoba for a conditioning stint, and have called up our local boy Wade Flaherty. Sabourin is not getting much playing time on the Canucks, and we never want to see him let in his first 2 shots EVER AGAIN! So it will be good for him to get some action in Manitoba.
- Thrashers D Garnet Exelby (still one of the coolest names in hockey) has been diagnosed with mononucleosis...poor b*****d! That's the illness where you lay in bed all day and watch the tube.
- Jonathan Cheechoo is day to day with a leg injury.
- Nikolai Khabibulin could play in his first game tonight since October 21.
- Word is that Ken Hitchcock will be interviewed for the coaching job in Columbus next week. It would have been earlier, but apparently Hitchcock is stuck in a Burger King parking lot somewhere. (yeah, I am not a nice person!)
- Can you believe Alexander Radulov? He is trying his damnedest to stick in the NHL. He has 17 points in 8 games with Milwaukee. Imagine if he was playing in the QMJHL!!!