- The Oilers have signed Steve Staios to a 4-year, $10.8 million extension.
"Steve exemplifies what it means to be an Edmonton Oiler and we couldn't be
happier with this long-term extension," said Oilers general manager Kevin
Lowe. "He is one of those players who leads by example and will do
everything it takes to accomplish the task at hand."
Staios doesn't put up alot of offensive numbers, but he is a good defensive defenceman, and is second on the Oilers in icetime this season, at 21:44.
- Scott Gomez will practice with the Devils today. LouLamoriello believes that Gomez is 100%. Gomez has missed the last 7 games with a groin injury.
- It looks as though Tomas Holmstrom and Niklas Kronwall, both suffering from groin injuries, could return to the Red Wings lineup when they play Vancouver on Wednesday night. How unfortunate.
- Apparently the Blue Jackets are interviewing Andy Murray for the coaching job today, after talking to Ken Hitchcock recently. Reports indicate they were impressed with Hitchcock already. I still think Andy Murray is a better pick.
- Have you scooped Ray Emery in your Yahoo Pool yet? You may want to, if he is available. The Sens have won 3 of their last 4 games with Emery in goal. Martin Gerber may continue to struggle.