- We are finally seeing the real Predators. The Preds that should finish top 3 in the West. They put the Oilers away, winning 3-2, and ended the Oilers' 6 game home unbeaten streak.
- Evgeni Malkin created for himself a piece of history tonight. He scored 2 goals, including the OT winner, in the Penguins' 4-3 win over the Kings. He is the first rookie in 89 years to score goals in his first 6 NHL games. Wow. A crazy stat indeed.
- Jaromir Jagr scored the overtime winner as the Rangers beat the Ducks 4-3. Another interesting stat pointed out by TSN is that only Gordie Howe, Phil Esposito, and Brett Hull have more game winning goals than Jagr, who shares that stat with teammate Brendan Shanahan.
- Speaking of the Rangers, there are rumors surfacing that the Hawks are trying to get Petr Prucha from NYC, due to all the injuries to their key forwards, and the longterm loss of Handzus. They could offer talent on their current roster (as in a defenceman) for the skilled Czech. We'll see.
- Aha! Another loss for the Flames...3-2 in Detroit tonight. That is where alot of the rumors should be swirling as well.