- Marian Gaborik, a man with chronic injury problems, will now be out of action until early-mid December with nagging groin injuries.
- Nikolai Khabibulin could return to the Hawks' net as early as Wednesday of this week. Remember though, he had a set back last time he was slated to return, so don't hold your breath.
- Joe Nieuwendyk's back problems continue to ail him. He already missed last night's game after returning last week from missed time. He will probably be in and out of Florida's lineup for the rest of the season, and then retire to an old folk's home after the Panthers win the Stanley Cup......
- More woes for Florida...up and comer Stephen Weiss left last night's game with a leg injury. It is actually a sprained knee, and he is being considered day-to-day.
- Peca lost the upper right bridge in the right side of his mouth and took numerous stitches.
"I'll put in a new bridge (today) and have a nice smile for practice and beWhat a warrior.
ready to go," Peca said as he rubbed the wound with a small block of ice. "The
trainer said he stopped counting (the stitches)."
- Pavel Kubina should be back in the Leafs lineup on Thursday against Boston. Right now he is in the Czech Rep. witnessing the birth of his child.
- Willie Mitchell is still feeling the effects of his concussion. The earliest he could come back is Friday, but don't count your chickens just yet.
"Every time I tell you that I think he's close he comes in later on that day or
the next day and has had symptoms at home, so it's still day to day," coach
Alain Vigneault said.
- Peter Forsberg missed last night's game with a flu. Fuck, if it isn't his ankle being torn off, he has the flu. They should hand out an award every year for most games missed due to injury. The St. John's Ambulance Award. Forsberg would be a lock...or Nieuwendyk.