Wed. 6:30 PM PST
H. Sedin: 11-25-36
|9-6-3||ROAD RECORD / HOME RECORD||10-7-2|
|2.59 (17)||GOALS PER GAVE AVERAGE||2.68 (14)|
|2.31 (5)||GOALS AGAINST PER GAME AVERAGE||3.45 (30)|
|1.18 (6)||5 ON 5 GF / GA||0.67 (29)|
|13.4 (27)||POWER PLAY %||19.8 (11)|
|82.7 (11)||PENALTY KILL %||79.2 (24)|
|47.0 (28)||FACEOFF WINS %||47.2 (27)|
|385 (23)||ROAD HITS / HOME HITS
|452 (28)||BLOCKED SHOTS||537 (20)|
|153 (21)||MINOR PENALTIES TAKEN||131 (2)|
Before ya get all cocky and shit, keep in mind that the Canucks are 0-2-1 in their last 3 games played in Calgary. The Lames do have some pride. Their home record is alright this season (10-7-2) while their road record is ass (4-13-2). Calgary is 8-2 in their last 10 home games so expect a battle, not an ass-kicking.
And so begins the final (and most) lengthy road trip of the season for the Vancouver Canucks. This one is a bit of a bitch. Over the next 8 days the Canucks will play 5 teams: Calgary, Colorado, Nashville, St. Louis and Dallas. They are going to have to do most or all of it without the services of Chris Higgins and Chris Tanev. Two of the most consistent Canucks this season. But no worries. We have Ryan Kesler and Derek Roy behind the Sedins now and the world is a beautiful place, isn't it? Other guys will step in a perform admirably. After all, both Kesler and Roy make teammates better players. It's not so bad.
Is it not unreal how many consecutive starts Cory Schneider has received? Look for that to end by early next week when the Canucks play back to back games. But, a huge ol' hat tip to Schneiderman for playing so damned well.
By the way, if you are wondering why the **** Hitler is representing the Flames in the image above.....um...ask Kent Basky.
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Hansen
Kassian - Roy - Weise
Ebbett - Lapierre - Sestito
Hamhuis - Garrison
Bieksa - Edler
Ballard - Alberts
FOR THE FLAMERS:
Kiprusoff (because, you know, he'd rather play with a bunch of sucks than win a Stanley Cup)
Tanguay - Reinhart - Stempniak
Baertschi - Horak - Cammalleri
Glencross - Stajan - Begin
Cervenka - Backlund - Jackman
Giordano - Wideman
Brodie - Butler
Sarich - Carson
- Canucks are 7-1 in their last 8 games following a win.
- Canucks are 7-1 in their last 8 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Canucks are 5-1 in their last 6 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 5-1 in their last 6 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 9-2 in their last 11 overall.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 Wednesday games.
- Canucks are 6-2 in their last 8 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Canucks are 46-16 in their last 62 vs. Northwest.
- Canucks are 35-17 in their last 52 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Flames are 8-2 in their last 10 home games.
- Flames are 9-4 in their last 13 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Flames are 6-14 in their last 20 vs. Northwest.
- Flames are 3-9 in their last 12 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
- Flames are 1-4 in their last 5 games following a win.
- Flames are 1-4 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Flames are 1-5 in their last 6 overall.
- Flames are 1-6 in their last 7 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Flames are 0-4 in their last 4 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- So many goodies at Covers.com this time. 72% of their experts pick the Canucks to win this one.
- By the way, the Flames are 4-2-1 in Wednesday games this season.
SCORE-PREDICTING WIZARDS UPDATE
Well I had some time tonight in a hotel in rainy, shitty Prince George to update the SPW list over the past few games.
I gotta tip my hat to FormerHab and gmonk33 for racking up some points. But a special shout out goes to gmonk33 for predicting this last game, and I quote:
Bang on, buddy! Congrats!
Ok, here is the updated list. If you have been slighted let me know.
Twin Terror: 11
Nathaniel Perlow: 9
patrik e: 9
Meat Mayos: 6
Sean Zandberg: 5
Geordie Nuck: 4
team pinnelli: 4
Coach Ryan: 1
Kent Basky: 1
By the way, this contest will continue into the playoffs. No starting over at playoff time. We will just carry on with the current standings.
Check out the gold from the last time these teams met:
The title of this game preview post has been brought to you by Buzzard Wings at Red Robin and Dido:
Yea, mofo's, I have a huge eclectic musical taste. Dido kept me company on the road today.