Mon. 7:00 PM PST
Sportsnet Pac., NHLN-US
4-3 Hawks Feb. 1913
H. Sedin: 11-31-42
There is going to be a lot of hype over this game and rightfully so. The rivalry and hate remains. And now it's two top 3 teams in the West going head to head. And now, with the Ducks winning and the Wild losing tonight, the Canucks will finish no higher or lower than 3rd spot in the West. The Hawks will easily take first. So really, the only reason for any sort of desperation from either team in this tilt will be based mostly on.... rivalry and hate.
Chicago is having lots of fun kicking ass on most nights. The Canucks on the other hand, look inconsistent and almost disinterested at times. The defence is going to have to tighten up. The errors of Alex Edler especially are going to sink this team in the playoffs if he does not smarten up. It's not always just Edler, I know, but Jesus, what the hell happened to this guy? Clean up your game, damn it!
I hope that playing Chicago, on home ice, is enough to motivate this Canucks team. To me, there really isn't much else that I care about in this one. Play a full 60 minutes. Shore up the D. Get your shit together before the playoffs.
If they don't, expect Chicago to bury their chances by picking corners on poor Schneider.
All this bitching by me, yet we sit 3rd in the West, ready to clinch the Division again. I just hate lousy trends. The defence is not where I would like it to be. Yes, a big part of that is because of Bieksa's absence, but even with Juice in the lineup the D gave up too many quality chances.
If we meet the Cawks in the playoffs, it will be in the Semi-Finals. But that ain't happening because Chicago is going out in the first round.
|17-2-2||ROAD RECORD / HOME RECORD||14-5-3|
|3.18 (2)||GOALS PER GAVE AVERAGE||2.58 (16)|
|2.02 (1)||GOALS AGAINST PER GAME AVERAGE||2.31 (5)|
|1.52 (1)||5 ON 5 GF / GA||1.11 (9)|
|17.5 (16)||POWER PLAY %||15.0 (23)|
|86.9 (4)||PENALTY KILL %||84.4 (7)|
|51.0 (10)||FACEOFF WINS %||47.5 (26)|
|251 (30)||ROAD HITS / HOME HITS
|588 (23)||BLOCKED SHOTS||528 (27)|
|151 (5)||MINOR PENALTIES TAKEN||183 (27)|
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Roy - Kesler - Hansen
Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian
Sestito - Lapierre - Weise
Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Alberts
Barker CORRADO! WOO!
FOR THE HAWKS:
Saad - Toews - Hossa
Carcillo - Bolland - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Stalberg
Kruger - Handzus - Frolik
Keith - Hjalmarsson
Leddy - Seabrook
Oduya - Brookbank
- Blackhawks are 8-2 in their last 10 vs. Northwest.
- Blackhawks are 21-6 in their last 27 road games.
- Blackhawks are 21-7 in their last 28 Monday games.
- Blackhawks are 23-8 in their last 31 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Blackhawks are 11-5 in their last 16 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Blackhawks are going out in the first round.
- Canucks are 5-1 in their last 6 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. Central.
- Canucks are 7-2 in their last 9 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 12-4 in their last 16 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Canucks are 8-3 in their last 11 games following a win.
- Canucks are 3-2-1 in their last 6 Monday games.
- More at Covers.com.
SCORE-PREDICTING WIZARDS UPDATE
Nathaniel Perlow: 11
Twin Terror: 11
patrik e: 10
Meat Mayos: 6
Sean Zandberg: 5
Geordie Nuck: 4
team pinnelli: 4
Coach Ryan: 1
Kent Basky: 1
Ahahahaha. Never gets old. Ever.
The last meeting:
The title of this game preview post has been brought to you by Pantera: