I've never seen more selective outrage over waiving a fourth liner for another fourth liner than I did yesterday. "Upside", "grit" and "character" aside, these players are assets for the chess board and we're bitching about the pawns.
Anyway it's Friday and I want to see you happy so I have a prediction: the Kings get laughed out of Rogers tomorrow night. The hell you say? Watch it happen. Besides if Messier can vomit up predictions and no one holds him accountable so can I.
- Volpatti was shocked to find himself over in the swamp.
- Today in your Vancouver Canucks goalie controversy narrative: nothing is wrong at all! Or, if you prefer, they should trade the ginger instead.
- Surely there is something else to talk about other than all this negativ...oh nevermind.
- Kassian does not pout. Will not pout. Cannot pout. His awesomeness forbids it.
- Needs a bit more shading on the face here.
- Did Vancouver try and blow up Colorado's cap management too? (Survey says: no)
- The CDC is still taking the news from the past few days extremely well.
- Speaking of selective outrage, here's Rick DiPietro.
- Luongo trade fodder Nazem Kadri scored a nice hattie last night.
- Speaking of Toronto...gross.
- If Luongo let this in, can you imagine the shitstorm?
- The Avs matched the offer for Ryan O'Reilly, thereby causing them cap headaches for next season.
- Damian Cox called the Calgary Flames "dumb." Blood just shot out of my eyes.
- Cam Charron crosschecks Mike Milbury in the face. Metaphorically speaking.
- 50/50 chance the players will support the proposed realignment, but the sticking point could be - stop me if you've heard this before - east coast bitching.
- I'm purposely linking to Lambert's blog and a guest post by a Boston-based writer just to see Zandberg smile.
Oh What The Hell
- Bear Grylls does safety videos for Air New Zealand now and it's fantastic.