Good morning Canuckleheads! How many of you had Eddie Lack with the shutout, and the GWG from Chris Tanev? Liars, all of you. The Canucks made it 5 in a row last night as they took care of a surging Carolina Hurricanes squad last night by a score of 2-0. It was Lack's first regular season home game, and he was solid, stopping all 31 Hurricanes shots en route to victory. Jannik Hansen notched his 4th of the year late to seal it, and Chris Higgins continued his strong play of late, setting up both Canucks goals. The win moved the Canucks to within 1 point of the Los Angeles Kings, and 2 points of the San Jose Sharks in the Pacific Division, though both teams have 3 games in hand. BTW, Lack was 1st star on NHL.com last night, joining Mike Santorelli, who was #1 on Sunday.
- Ed Willes on Lack's recovery after surgery that cut his year short last season, and on the former player's lawsuit against the NHL re: should the league be doing more to take care of it's players?
- In the latest edition of his ongoing series 'Old Man Yells At Clouds', Tony Gallagher laughs at 5 game win streaks, because the Canucks haven't scored enough goals.
- Finally, the Game According To Twitter over at CHB
Around The League:
- Kind of a big game in Calgary tonight.
- Proving the NHL has gone mad with power, they're going to play outside in Winnipeg. They're all gonna die!
- Not to be outdone, The Phoenix Coyotes think they should have one too. Adorable. Also, insane.
- The salary cap is going up next year. I swear we've been down this path before...
- The European Champions League is a go, but they're missing something...