Bah! Predicting NHL standings is about as accurate as forecasting weather. Opinions are like assholes...everybody has one. But who cares? Let's have some fun! Here are my predictions for the 2012-13 NHL standings plus the Stanley Cup Finals participants and Stanley Cup winner.
4. Philadelphia Flyers. Really solid team, but not as solid as the Rangers, IMO.
5. Pittsburgh Penguins. Yea, most MSM outlets jerk these guys off, but not me.
6. Florida Panthers. I really like Dale Tallon's work here. Team on the rise.
8. Montreal Canadiens. So close. An underrated team. No Gomez? No problem!
9. New Jersey Devils. Tough call. But they employ an multimillionaire Russian. Screw them.
11. Buffalo Sabres. Coach Lindy Ruff gets the most out of any lineup he is given. This current Sabres lineup doesn't make me think playoff team though.
13. Toronto Maple Leafs. Maybe Dave Nonis will acquire a top notch goalie. Until then, I am not a be-Leafer.
14. Winnipeg Jets. Do you care about the Jets? I know that I don't. I almost want to rank them lower.
15. New York Islanders. Bunch of fucking Wang-nuts.
1. St. Louis Blues. I think the Central Division is weakening, MINUS the Blues, who, in my opinion, are getting better and better every season. Those "kids" are hitting their prime.
2. Vancouver Canucks. A step back for the Nuckleheads. I am calling a really slow start.
3. San Jose Sharks. Yea I went there.But the Sharks are not much different than last year's team and they seem to manage every season and sit the holy bed in the playoffs.
4. Minnesota Wild. People hum and haw over the Parise and Suter acquisitions. Well I don't. At least now Minnesota, (who was tops in the West for quite some time early last season, by the way) NOW have some backup players to carry the team when the obvious injuries to Bouchard, Koivu, etc happen. I think the Wild can win the West. Who's with me?
6. Colorado Avalanche. Ballsy, yes. Crazy? No. I like the buildup of this team that looks to make a huge step forward.
7. Chicago Blackhawks. Yea, fuck the Chicago Blackhawks.
9. Los Angeles Kings. Stanley Cup Hangover? Well, the lockout gave them time to recoup but no matter. Pretty tough to motivate the star players when they are getting paid in full and have a Cup ring.
10. Edmonton Oilers. It's just a matter of time.
12. Anaheim Ducks.
13. Calgary Flames. Suck it, Jay Feaster, Iginla gets dealt.
14. Dallas Stars. Yay Joe Nieuwendyk! Make your team older! GOLD!
15. Columbus Blue Jackets. At least John Davidson is at the helm now. He'll make it right, Eventually.
I have the Rangers winning the Stanley Cup over the St. Louis Blues in a 7-game series.
I just simmed an NHL season on NHL 13 on the PS3 and the New York Islanders won the Cup. I threw my NHL 13 game out into the snow and punted a hole in my TV. Stupid NHL 13 predictions.
Are we predicting awards?
Conn Smythe: Lundqvist
Art Ross: Crosby
Lady Byng: Your mother
Jack Adams: Ken Hitchcock
Selke: No idea
Let's see YOUR predictions!
By the way, Nucks Misconduct member Thursday has 2 in depth previews / prediction posts of his own up in the FanPost section. Here are the links: