"David? Hi...yeah it's Paul...yeah my summer is good...heard about Suter...tough break dude...anyway I won't keep you just wanted to know if I could hear your heart break over the phone...over what?...go turn on TSN....(*maniacal laughter*) (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Word to the wise for the service staff in the greater Philadelphia area: Mr. Holmgren doesn't like to wait.
So let's see how the news of the Weber offer sheet was received in Philadelphia. They seem happy in the explicative-laced manner that you'd expect.
How about down in Nashville? Cautious optimism (coupled with copious prayer) that they'll match and not lose arguably the best young defenseman in the game and their second such player of the summer.
Of course here at home this may finally shelve the "Weber to Vancouver" rumors, sitting nicely in the dustbin of history next to the "Sakic to Vancouver" ditty. We'll have to wait and see (the best option for those still clinging to that branch is NSH matches and moves him after one season anyway). Also I give the CDC about
five seconds before they call Gillis a pussy nevermind last night was quick enough.
- Besides the Sedins, do the Canucks have any other successful duos in the lineup? [The Province]
- Three additional UFA targets for Vancouver (once Doan turns them down) [The Examiner]
- Jersey in the hizzouse! 7th round pick Matt Beattie is heading to Yale. [NJ.com]
- A Leafs fan wants to see some offers on the table for Luongo. [Vintage Leaf Memories]
- I know you wanted the Sedins referenced in connection to lessons learned from the Penn State / Joe Paterno saga. [rabble.ca]
- Hey remember that story about the Canucks fans who went down to San Jose during the 2011 playoffs and ended up with one of the best bar stories ever? It's going to be a movie. [Variety]
- One more on Weber: "Can they really afford $26 million in 12 months when their estimated value as an organization is only $163 million in total?" [BSH]
- Grab the tissues: The Lightning introduce Sami Salo. [FOX Sports]
- More Salo: video of him chatting with the media. Nice lid. [TBL]
- Why not, one more Salo: every goal he scored last season. [PITB]
- Do fans hate the NTC? [PD]
- PPP gives the treatment to a Niagara Falls Reporter. [PPP]
- ...and so does the BoC [BoC]
- Pavelec's agent should have been a bit more communicative with the Jets organization. [Winnipeg Sun]
- The five most GIFable bench moments from last year. There's a handful of Canucks ones in there, including AV giggling. [Backhand Shelf]