Hello, everyone. I hope you all had a nice weekend. Qualifying offers were due on all the league's RFAs the other day, so today should start a bit of drama leading up to the free agency deadline on Sunday. We already have a few stories this morning, so hear we go.
- On the Canucks front, Vancouver and their AHL affiliate Chicago Wolves have officially announced today that Scott Arniel is now officially the head coach of the Wolves. He spent several years as "Jedi Master" to our boys with the Manitoba Moose before attempting an NHL gig with the Blue Jackets.
- Also on the Canucks front, the Prospects Camp will be happening this weekend, starting on Friday and going through the long weekend. Here is the schedule and roster for that, it appears lots of our recent draft picks will be in attendance.
- The Capitals have chosen Adam Oates as their new head coach.
- Shane O`Brien has signed a 3-year $6M contract to stay with the Avalanche. Good to see him sticking somewhere for somewhat long-term. Colorado has also recently re-signed Ryan Wilson for 3 years and Matt Duchene for 2 years.
- Also on the signing front, Ondrej Pavelec has decided to stay in North America, and signed a 5-year contract worth $19.5M with the Jets.
- Joe Sakic and Brendan Shanahan are among the front-runners today for the next round of HHOF inductees. UPDATE: This year's inductees are Joe Sakic, Mats Sundin, Pavel Bure, and Adam Oates.
Bring on more drama.