Hello, Teemu. Sure, you can definitely stay in the NHL for another year.... (Photo by Marianne Helm/Getty Images)
Well, here we are, the week of the NHL Awards and the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Today has the Board of Governers meeting, which could lead to more talk about CBA negotiations and such. Tomorrow has the NHL Awards, where we don't have a single Canucks candidate this year. Finally, the Draft starts on Friday with the 1st round, and with the rest of the rounds on Saturday. You know that this means: lots of news!
- Literally breaking news (went up just as I was about to publish this post): the Wild have just signed Josh Harding to a 3-year contract.
- The big story on the interwebs right now is the Finnish reports of Teemu Selanne returning for 1 more year with the Ducks. Some reports says that his official decision will be due in July or August, but things are looking good.
- Red Wings got Darren Helm back on their team with a 4-year contract worth $8.5M today.
- The Sharks confirmed yesterday that Todd McLellan will be returning as head coach for next season. Ongoing evaluation of their playoff loss to the Blues may lead to new assistant coaches, however.
- Flyers GM Paul Holmgren still has yet to talk to Jaromir Jagr about returning for another season. Word from Darren Dreger yesterday said that Jagr may test out the free agency market.
- Hockey Wilderness discusses the unusual rumour about the Wild considering a 13-year contract for Zach Parise.
- Finally, in case anyone is interested this year, here is a quick overview of the Canuck-less Awards nominees.
5:45 pm UPDATES: A couple more timbits showed up while I was out shopping this afternoon:
- Take Erik Karlsson off you wishlists, the Senators have signed him to a 7-year extension.
- From TSN's Bob McKenzie this afternoon: "Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure."
Get moving, GMs. We want more drama.