Hey look, a series ended!!! The Red Wings became the 1st team to be eliminated from the playoffs last night, with the Predators taking the 4-1 series win. Today, we get a combination of tied series and possible elimination games.
- 12:00 pm PDT: Bruins vs Capitals, Game 5. This series returns to Boston in a tie, with games apiece. Tim Thomas and Braden Holtby have both been playing great for their teams, but someone will have to crack. Viewable on CBC.
- 3:30 pm PDT: Panthers vs Devils, Game 5. This series returns to Florida, also in a 2-2 tie. Martin Brodeur proved he's still got something in the tank with a shutout the other night, but don't underestimate the Panthers. Viewable on TSN2, once again getting the shaft for TSN's other game.
- 4:00 pm PDT: Rangers vs Senators, Game 5. To be completely honest, I predicted that NY would sweep this series. Instead, Ottawa is putting up a good fight, making this a 2-2 tie. Viewable on CBC.
- 4:30 pm PDT: Blues vs Sharks, Game 5. Ah, here comes the fun stuff. St. Louis has a 3-1 series lead right now, and one more win will get them to the 2nd round for the 1st time in 10 years (they beat Chicago in 2002, but lost to Detroit in the next round). However, San Jose is a formidable opponent, so it will not be a cakewalk. Viewable on TSN.
- 7:00 pm PDT: Coyotes vs Blackhawks, Game 5. Shanahan threw the book at Raffi Torres, with the 25-game suspension announced this morning. However, this does not appear to be hurting Phoenix yet, as they have managed to gain a 3-1 series lead without him. This could be the 1st time in "Phoenix Coyotes" franchise history (not counting their time before in Winnipeg) that they make it to the 2nd round. Chicago will have to get moving if they expect to survive. Viewable on TSN, could get shafted for a while if Blues-Sharks goes too long.