|Time||Sat. 7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||0 - 0
|The Enemy||Die By The Blade||Scoring Leaders||
: 13-53-66 Pominville: 23-36-59|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||+50
||Goals Per Game Average
||3.06 (5) -
||Goals Against Per Game Average
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.22 (5)
||Power Play %
||21.4 (3) -
||Penalty Kill %
||Faceoffs %||52.1 (4) -
||459 (18) -
||421 (19) -
||PIM's Per Game Average
It's great that we get to face Cody Hodgson and his streaking Sabres so soon after the trade. Now let's beat that punk and his mates and f*** their playoff chances. Sure that sounds cruel but this is an important game for both sides and Buffalo, a team I always have liked, is in the way of Vancouver securing first spot in the NHL. The Sabres, who have won 2 straight, both games by shutout (I think Ryan Miller has stopped over 80 consecutive shots), are fighting for their playoff lives and still have a chance to get in.
The Sabres fans I have chatted with say the addition of Hodgson has lit a fire under the ass of the team. I'd say their last 2 games support that theory. Cody may have no points in those 2 games but you notice him when he is out there. The same
can be said about Canucks' Zack Kassian, who is very noticeable out there with all the hits he lays out. What I wouldn't give to see him turn on the goal light against his former team. I prefer blanks from Hodgson. I even hope a Canuck player cranks him. Yeah...I said it.
So....the Canucks have changed strategies now? Going for the uber-defensive style of 2007? While I like the team playing better defence because let's face it, they were giving up way too many odd-man rushes against over the whole f***ing season, it won't be so boring if the ice cold Canucks get scoring again. And since these top 6 suckers (and beyond) are still slumping I would like to update the list:
ICE COLD CANUCKS
The Sedins are mini-slumping
again STILL. Unacceptable!
-Dank has 1 assist in his last 4.
-Hank has zero points in his last 4.
-Kesler has 1 goal and 1 assist in his last 6.
-Booth has 1 assist in his last 8!
-Jannik Hansen has no points in his last 6.
-Raymond has 2 goals in his last 8, but 2 in his last 4.
Hey! Apparently Kevin Bieksa and Zack Kassian are going to be the guests on HNIC's After Hours after the game. May it be on a winning note, because Detroit looks to be heating up again.
-Let's face it though, this whole storyline of Hodgson vs Kassian will be massively overshadowed on HNIC by all the talk of Ron Wilson getting canned and Randy Carlyle taking his spot (a move I support 100% by the way).
|2011 - Roberto Luongo||41||2398||25||10||92||2.30||1173||1081||.922||2|
- KesLORD -
Alex Edler -
|2011 - Ryan Miller||45||2561||21||17||110||2.58||1295||1185||.915||5|
Vanek - Roy - Pominville
Ennis - Hodgson - Stafford
Gerbe - Leino - Kaleta
Ellis - Boyes - Tropp
Leopold - Myers
Sekera - Regehr
Ehrhoff - Weber
- Sabres are 6-0 in their last 6 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Sabres are 5-1 in their last 6 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Sabres are 5-1 in their last 6 overall.
- Sabres are 4-1 in their last 5 games as an underdog.
- Sabres are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. Northwest.
- Sabres are 5-2 in their last 7 games following a win.
- Sabres are 3-7 in their last 10 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Sabres are 1-7 in their last 8 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Sabres are 1-7 in their last 8 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation.
- Sabres are 1-8 in their last 9 Saturday games.
- Canucks are 6-0 in their last 6 vs. Northeast.
- Canucks are 11-2 in their last 13 Saturday games.
- Canucks are 10-2 in their last 12 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Sabres are 0-5-1 in the last 6 meetings in Vancouver. Woo!
The last meeting, long ago:
Woo! Goalie brawl! Shields vs Burke '98 Canucks-Sabres:
The title of this post has been brought to you by Skid Row: