Fri. 7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||2-1 Stars
||2-1 Canucks Mar.22/12
|The Enemy||Defending Big D||Scoring Leaders||
: 13-60-73 Eriksson: 26-44-70|
It's just a matter of time before the Canucks' power play gets going again. It has not clicked since a 4-3 win over the Blue Jackets, 7 games ago. When it does click again it should become a force. The same can be said about the slumping top 6 forwards. It says a lot about the defensive play and especially the goaltending when the team has won 2 straight games by a 1-0 score. Goals by Higgins and Malhotra.
The Blues lost in a shootout to the Blackhawks on Thursday night and now only have a 3 point lead on the Canucks for first in the West. This Canucks game is the game in hand that they have over St. Louis. A win here is mandatory to catch them.
The Pacific Division is f****d. If Dallas loses this one in regulation they could fall from 3rd to as far as 8th, if I am seeing that correctly. You know they are going to bring it and this game will resemble a playoff matchup. But the Canucks are quite successful at playing the spoiler role lately. Van has won 4 games in a row.
Good lord, look at game-by-game stats. This guy has been rolling for a long time now.
-David Booth: 0 points in his last 6 games.
-Alexandre Burrows: 0 points in his last 7 games.
-Zack Kassian: 0 points in his last 11.
-Ryan Kesler: 0 points in his last 7.
-Dale Weise: 0 points in his last 10.
-Chris Higgins: 3 goals in his last 3.
PROJECTED ROSTERS / LINES
Luongo vs Lehtonen.
- Stars are 10-2 in their last 12 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Stars are 10-2 in their last 12 vs. Northwest.
- Stars are 12-3 in their last 15 vs. Western Conference.
- Stars are 7-2 in their last 9 road games.
- Stars are 10-3 in their last 13 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Stars are 3-7 in their last 10 Friday games.
- Canucks are 4-0 in their last 4 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 4-0 in their last 4 overall.
- Canucks are 4-0 in their last 4 vs. Western Conference.
- Canucks are 12-5 in their last 17 Friday games.
- More at Covers.com.
Highlights from the last time these teams met:
The title of this post is brought to you by Entombed: