Sat 7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||4-0 Canucks
|The Enemy||Mile High Hockey||Scoring Leaders||
: 13-59-72 O'Reilly: 18-36-54|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||-1
|2.96 (5) -
||Goals Per Game Average
|2.40 (4) +
||Goals Against Per Game Average
|1.15 (6) -
||5 On 5 GF/GA||0.97 (17)
|21.0 (3) -
||Power Play %
||Penalty Kill %
||Faceoffs %||52.0 (4)
|1648 (18) +
||PIM's Per Game Average
The Canucks have absolutely dominated the Avalanche this season, winning 4 of 4 and outscoring them 15-3 in the process. That's a hell of a feat. But this is now, and times are different. The Avalanche are barely on the outside of a playoff spot in 9th and need to keep winning. They are going to come out smokin' on home ice so the Canucks had better be ready.
I like how the Canucks have improved over the past couple of games. But one thing remains here: LACK OF SCORING. Look at the COLD list below. The top line of Raymond-Henrik-Kassian looked solid against the Stars but where is the supporting cast? They need to make an appearance Saturday night or...maybe the Canucks bear down defensively again, rely heavily on their goaltender again and squeak another win out that way. You never know with these guys. They are like a box of chocolates.
-David Booth: 0 points in his last 3 games.
-Alexandre Burrows: 0 points in his last 4 games.
-Alex Edler: 0 points in his last 3.
-Chris Higgins: 0 points in his last 3.
-Zack Kassian: 0 points in his last 8.
-Ryan Kesler: 0 points in his last 4.
-Dale Weise: 0 points in his last 7.
-Manny Malhotra: 0 points in his last 11 games.
-Maxim Lapierre: 0 points in his last 12 games.
-Mason Raymond had a goal and an assist against the Stars
-Henrik Sedin had 2 assists last game.
Zack Kassian - Hank Sedin - Mason Raymond
- KesLORD - Alexandre Burrows
Kevin Bieksa - Alex Edler
McGinn - Stastny - Jones
Downie - O'Reilly - Landeskog
Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk
Mark Olver - McClement - McLeod
Hunwick - Wilson
Hejda - O'Byrne
O'Brien - Barrie
Is there enough Irish on that team or what?
-Via TSN: Avs' D Eric Johnson is questionable with back spasms as is Chuck Kobasew. Canucks (sobs) are without Daniel Sedin for a while without a concussion. But hey..GO MAYRAY GO! Aaron Rome (bow you peasants) is questionable with illness.
- Canucks are 12-4 in their last 16 Saturday games.
- Canucks are 2-5 in their last 7 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 3-8 in their last 11 games as a favorite.
- Canucks are 1-4 in their last 5 road games.
- Canucks are 1-4 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Canucks are 0-4 in their last 4 games following a win.
- Canucks are 0-4 in their last 4 games as a road favorite.
- Avalanche are 4-0 in their last 4 home games.
- Avalanche are 5-1 in their last 6 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Avalanche are 4-1 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Avalanche are 10-3 in their last 13 vs. Western Conference.
- Avalanche are 2-5 in their last 7 vs. a team with a winning record.
The last meeting:
Some highlights of the Canucks-Avalanche 1996 first round series:
The title of this post has been brought to you by Rage Against The Machine:
GO CANUCKS GO!
Time for these guys to get going again: