|Time||Sat. 7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||2-0-1 Canucks
|The Enemy||The Cannon||Scoring Leaders||
: 13-55-68 Nash: 24-23-47|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||+42
||Goals Per Game Average
||3.03 (4) +
||Goals Against Per Game Average
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.16 (5)
||Power Play %
||21.1 (3) +
||Penalty Kill %
||85.8 (6) -
||Faceoffs %||52.2 (3)
||852 (28) -
||PIM's Per Game Average
"I thought we generated a lot of offence but we have to play a patient game in how we're going to win and sometimes you have to sacrifice some offence," stressed Roberto Luongo. "We need more urgency in our game — all of us — and we're not playing the type of hockey we want to be playing and we've got 12 games to correct it."
That from the Province after the loss to Phoenix. Luongo was absolutely right. Unfortunately, he'll be watching any Canucks improvements from the bench.
Absolutely no excuse to lose to the Blue Jackets. Not a bottom place team that is decimated by injuries. The only excuse would be if the CBJ goaltender turns into goaltender Jesus. If there was ever a time to step up and mutilate a team in all areas, showing no mercy, it would be now.
Good to see Aaron Rome make his return, especially against a rough team like the BJ's. He is a stabilizer. You'll see. Suck it, haters.
-The Sedins are off the Cold List! Sweet Jesus! That only took 8 games! Way to go boys! Now fix that +/-.
-Mason Raymond: 0 points in his last 7 games. AV will keep giving him chances on the top line.
-Maxim Lapierre: 0 points in his last 10 games. I know, I know, 4th liner, yadda yadda.
-Marc-Andre Gragnani: 0 points in his last 8 games. He will sit this one out.
CANUCKS HEATING UP
-Kevin Bieksa: 6 assists in his last 6 games.
-Ryan Kesler: 3 goals in his last 3 games.
-David Booth: 1 goal and 1 assist in his last 2 games.
-Chris Higgins had 1 goal and 4 assists in his last 4 games.
|2011 - Cory Schneider||26||1438||15||6||50||2.09||740||690||.932||2|
- KesLORD - Chris Higgins
Alex Edler -
|2011 - Steve Mason||38||2119||12||22||116||3.28||1092||976||.894||1|
Mason will most likely make his return after missing time with a lacerated hand.
-Via TSN: Manny Malhotra remains out of the line up indefinitely due to personal reasons. I wonder if Sammy Pahlsson has made Manny a spare...... Significant injuries for Columbus (check this out): Rick Nash is listed as probable (undisclosed injury), Kristian Huselius (groin) Fedor Tyutin (broken hand), Radek Martinek (concussion), Marc Methot (broken jaw), Derek MacKenzie (concussion), Derek Dorsett (ill), and yeah Steve Mason is most likely a go after missing time with a lacerated hand. I wonder if "concussion" in Columbus means "I don't want to play for this dog shit team right now."
- Blue Jackets are 5-0 in their last 5 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game. (We are fukt!)
- Blue Jackets are 20-51 in their last 71 vs. Western Conference. (maybe not)
- Blue Jackets are 5-13 in their last 18 Saturday games. (oh we are gonna bang you guys!)
- Blue Jackets are 10-41 in their last 51 vs. a team with a winning record. (Your mothers are gonna feel it!)
- Blue Jackets are 1-6 in their last 7 games following a loss of 3 or more goals. (FUBAR! Don't worry, we'll wear a condom!)
- Canucks are 6-2 in their last 8 vs. Central. (Pick up the soap, BJ's!)
- Canucks are 11-4 in their last 15 Saturday games. (Saturday night's alright for banging)
- Canucks are 8-3 in their last 11 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game. (Your ass looks great in them jeans!)
- Canucks are 1-4 in their last 5 games as a favorite. (Wait a minute)
- Canucks are 1-4 in their last 5 overall. (No wait, I can explain!)
- Canucks are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning % below .400. (I'm sorry I shit talked you.... and your mothers!)
- Canucks are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. Western Conference. (Oh god! Nooooooooooo!!)
- More at Covers.com (minus the commentary).
Here is what a good Canucks effort looks like:
Yeah, but it's very f***ing rare in recent weeks. Time to step it up, boys.
The title of this post is brought to you by AC/DC:
GO CANUCKS GO! CUT THE DAMNED CRAP ALREADY.