|Time||Sun. 12:00 PM PST
|Season Series||0 - 0
|The Enemy||Defending Big D||Scoring Leaders||
: 13-53-66 Eriksson: 20-33-53|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||-7
||Goals Per Game Average
||Goals Against Per Game Average
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.04 (9)
|21.6 (2) -
||Power Play %
||Penalty Kill %
|52.2 (3) +
||Faceoffs %||49.2 (20)
||PIM's Per Game Average
HEADS UP! THIS ONE STARTS AT LUNCH TIME!
What's that on the table above: Canucks power play ranked #2 in the NHL. For the first time in a long long time the Canucks are not the best team in the NHL on the power play. The Predators now rule that category.
Ok here's the deal with this one. The Canucks have not played the Stars yet this season. After tomorrow's game, they play each other THREE times in March for the 4 total. There is never much love here when these 2 teams butt heads. Part of it is Vancouver knocking the Stars out of the playoffs in 2007. Another part of it is that the Stars employ Steve Ott, Erik Nystrom and Adam Burish. When you combine those 2 aspects with the fact that the Stars are 3rd in the NHL in hits, well, you know how this game is going to go: It's going to be a rough and tough one.
Dallas is clicking lately and clinging on to the 8th spot in the West. The Canucks can increase their lead on Detroit for 1st spot in the West.
|2011 - Roberto Luongo||41||2398||25||10||92||2.30||1173||1081||.922||2|
- KesLORD -
Alex Edler -
|2011 - Kari Lehtonen||42||2470||23||15||96||2.33||1220||1124||.921||2|
Eriksson - Ribeiro - Ryder
Ott - Wandell - Tomas Vincour
Nystrom - Fiddler - Dvorak
Petersen - Ryan Garbutt - Burish
Goligoski - Daley
Fistric - Robidas
Souray - Philip Larsen
The Canucks put Keith Ballard on the LTIR on Saturday. He's done for the season with a concussion.
- Stars are 6-2 in their last 8 vs. Northwest.
- Stars are 18-8 in their last 26 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Stars are 6-14 in their last 20 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Stars are 4-10 in their last 14 games following a win.
- Stars are 3-8 in their last 11 games as an underdog.
- Stars are 5-14 in their last 19 Sunday games.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 12-3 in their last 15 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 games following a win.
- Canucks are 20-6 in their last 26 Sunday games.
- Canucks are 23-8 in their last 31 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation.
- Much more at Covers.com.
The last time these 2 teams met:
How about some highlights from Game 7, Canucks-Stars 2007. The hate is still there:
The Mother Of All Elbows:
Burrows steals the puck from Alex Auld and scores (January 2010):
Old School Canucks-Stars Brawl:
The title of the post of this preview is not true about me. It's just kick ass lyrics from a kick ass Charlie Daniels song:
RENEW THE RIVALRY! GO CANUCKS GO!