|Time||Thurs. 4:30 PM PST
|The Enemy||Winging It In Motown||Scoring Leaders||
: 13-51-64 Datsyuk: 16-43-59|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||+50
||Goals Per Game Average
||Goals Against Per Game Average
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.51 (2)
||Power Play %
||Penalty Kill %
||Faceoffs %||51.4 (7)
|1310 (17) +
|432 (19) -
||PIM's Per Game Average
OK, I'm not 100% sure the Canucks will end Detroit's obscene consecutive home victories streak but I'd give it about a 85-90% chance. Especially if the Sedins don't shit the bed like they did against Nashville. I mean, that was embarrassing. Generally the Sedins put up points against the Wings... but not this season. In 3 games Hank has 1 assist and Dank has sweet FA. Huh. Well then...Maybe we'll have to rely more on line 2 then. But Booth hasn't scored a point in 3 games. Kesler has one assist in his last 3 and Mason Raymond is the new "Death To Scoring Chances". Come to think of it,
something has got to give here or we're gonna get f****d, haha, and I am sure something will.
Shitty schedule though, hey? Right after this one the Canucks shit, shower shave and hit the plane to play in New Jersey on Friday night.
|2011 - Roberto Luongo||41||2398||25||10||92||2.30||1173||1081||.922||2|
- KesLORD -
Alex Edler -
|2011 - Jimmy Howard||45||2661||32||12||90||2.03||1183||1093||.924||5|
Franzen - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi
Cleary - Filppula - Hudler
Miller - Helm - Abdelkader
Mursak - Emmerton - Holmstrom
Lidstrom - White
Kronwall - Stuart
Ericsson - Quincey
-For both teams at TSN. Patrick Eaves has been out since November for Detroit. Pavel Datsyuk is going to have knee surgery that will only keep him out for 2 weeks. No Datsyuk means better chance for Canucks. Byron Bitz is close, but with Dale Weise now playing like Ciccarelli, you just never know. Keith Ballard may be reactivated for this one.
- Red Wings are 6-0 in their last 6 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Red Wings are 14-2 in their last 16 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Red Wings are 5-1 in their last 6 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Canucks are 5-0 in their last 5 games as an underdog.
- Canucks are 5-0 in their last 5 games as a road underdog.
- Canucks are 7-1 in their last 8 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 5-1 in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Much more at Covers.com.
The last time these teams met:
The title of this preview post is brought to you by my strong confidence in my team. and I'll just throw this in there: