|Time||Tues. 7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||1 - 1
||4-1 Kings Dec.31/11
|The Enemy||Jewels From The Crown||Scoring Leaders||
: 11-41-52 Kopitar: 14-23-42|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||+35
||Goals Per Game Average
||Goals Against Per Game Average
||2.41 (8) -
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.14 (6)
||Power Play %
||Penalty Kill %
||Faceoffs %||51.7 (7) +
||535 (27) +
||PIM's Per Game Average
||14.5 (27) +
The title of the post is sarcasm, and lyrics to an awesome Testament song that is stuck in my head (see video section below). I do have minor concerns about the Canucks team lately and it involves their lack of consistent efforts game to game and within a game itself. This squad is deep enough right now where a solid effort for 60-70% of games from the skaters is good enough to get a W. I think we can thank the goaltending for that mostly. But it
doesn't always work that way. See the last game against the Ducks. A disjointed clusterf---.
So...cue another Pacific Division team that enters The Rog as an improving team. The Kings have a 3-1-3 record since they humiliated us on December 31. If the Canucks wanna diddle daddle and *! the dog like last game, then they may just get their asses beat again. I expect the opposite from them against LA.
Note: When Anze Kopitar scored a goal against the Canucks on New Year's Eve, it was his first goal in over a month (November 22). Since December 31 Uncle Fester has 3 goals and 4 assists in 7 games.
Chris "The Professor" Higgins - KesLORD - David Booooth
MayRay - Cody "Chinook" Hodgson -Jannik "Beaker" Hansen
Maxim "Lappy" Lapierre - Money Mo Malhotra - Dale Weiser
Dan "The Hammer" Hamhuis - Kevin "Juice" Bieksa
Alex "E-Money Edler" - Keith "Hips Don't Lie" Ballard
Andrew "A-Train" Alberts - Aaron "God" Rome
|2011 - Jonathan Quick||38||2273||19||11||74||1.95||1110||1036||.933||6|
Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Penner - Richards - Stoll
Clifford - Fraser - Hunter
Richardson - Loktionov - Lewis
Scuderi - Doughty
Johnson - Green
Mitchell - Slava Voynov
- Kings are 5-2 in their last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Kings are 16-7 in their last 23 Tuesday games.
- Kings are 3-7 in their last 10 vs. Northwest.
- Kings are 5-12 in their last 17 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
- Kings are 2-5 in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Kings are 1-4 in their last 5 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 Tuesday games.
- Canucks are 6-2 in their last 8 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 12-5 in their last 17 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- More at Covers.com.
"I think he (Ryan Kesler) has to use the players around him a little bit more so that he can get into open space and create the type of offensive chances and be the type of defensive player that he can be," Vigneault said.
"Me utilize my players?" Kesler said, "Obviously, I don't know what he means by that and if he wants to say that he can come to me and talk to me about it.
"I am going to play my game, the things that have made me successful. I know what that is and if he wants to come talk to me he is more than welcome."
Dan Murphy called this media fabricated spat "humorous" as they only told Kesler the negative part of what AV said.
Le sigh. Wankers.
Watching the highlights of last time these teams met on New Year's Eve reminded me of something:
Oh that's right, the shitty effort against the Ducks last game.
AV talks struggles:
The title of this post is brought to you by Testament:
Does that song get you outta your seat or what? Well, except for all you Bieberheads.
- The PS3 NHL 12 Sim says: 7-3 Kings, Justin Williams with the winner. Clearly the game is pooched.
- I say: 3-2 Canucks with Raymond getting the winner.
WITCHES! BURN THEM!
GO CANUCKS GO!