|Time||Thurs. 5:00 PM PST
|Season Series||2-0 Blues
||3-2 Blues Nov.04/11
|The Enemy||St. Louis Game Time||Scoring Leaders||
: 11-39-50 Backes: 14-17-31|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||+31
||Goals Scored||110 (17)
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.44 (4)
||Power Play %
|86.8 (5) +
||Penalty Kill %
|51.6 (6) -
||Faceoffs %||48.8 (23)
|983 (9) +
|296 (20) -
||PIM's Per Game Average
EDIT: Aaron "God" Rome IN, Keith Ballard OUT for this game.
The Blues' record this season pre - Ken Hitchcock: 6-7-0
The Blues' record with "The Cock" as coach: 19-5-5.
Hitchcock, for as long as I can remember, has always coached a strict defensive style. And when a team buys into it, it works most of the time...until they tune him out. Such is the case with the Blues, who as you can see above have only allowed 84 goals against this season, which is 3rd best in the NHL. They have beaten the Canucks twice this season and only allowed 2 goals by Van. In their current 4 game winning streak they have only allowed 4 goals. They have won by a shutout their last 2 games! Good lord.
So this is
going to be a huge test for the Canucks on their final game of their road trip. On top of the aforementioned Blues brilliance, they also have a tremendous 17-3-2 record at home. Much good has been said about the Blues' work ethic under Hitch, so the Canucks are going to have to assemble a much more consistent effort than what they have been doing on this trip or it looks like they get beaten like the Bruins on a Saturday matinee.
This is awesome. The #1 seed plays the #2 seed. The Blues are for real. This is an excellent test for both teams.
Chris "The Professor" Higgins - KesLORD - Jannik "Beaker" Hansen
MayRay - Cody "Chinook" Hodgson - "Lappy" Lapierre
Mike "Count" Duco - Money Mo Malhotra - Dale Weiser
Dan "The Hammer" Hamhuis - Kevin "Juice" Bieksa
Alex "E-Money Edler" - Keith "Hips Don't Lie" Ballard
Andrew "A-Train" Alberts - Alexander "Alka" Sulzer
|2011 - Brian Elliott||21||1223||15||5||33||1.62||548||515||.940||5|
Perron - Backes - Stewart
D'Agostini - Berglund - Oshie
Sobotka - Arnott - Langenbrunner
Reaves - Nichol - Crombeen
Colaiacovo - Pietrangelo
Jackman (questionable) (Ian Cole)- Shattenkirk
Cade Fairchild - Polak
-For teams via TSN. No Canuck Killer Alex Steen? Ah boo hoo. That guy gives me fits.
- Blues are 4-0 in their last 4 Thursday games.
- Blues are 6-0 in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Blues are 8-1 in their last 9 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Blues are 6-1 in their last 7 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Blues are 4-1 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Blues are 4-1 in their last 5 games following a win.
- Blues are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Blues are 20-7 in their last 27 home games.
- Canucks are 6-1 in their last 7 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Canucks are 16-5 in their last 21 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Canucks are 21-7 in their last 28 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation.
- Canucks are 11-4 in their last 15 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 8-3 in their last 11 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
- Canucks are 10-4 in their last 14 road games.
- More at Covers.com.
Last time these teams met:
Old school: Bertuzzi destroys Jackman:
"Give your balls a tug you ****ing p***y!"
And then REMEMBER THIS? (Yeah they effing hate us):
The title of this post is brought to you by Jackyl. Hell yea, rock that chainsaw, bang your cousin:
GO CANUCKS GO!