|Time||Mon. 5:00 PM PST
||TV||Sportsnet - P, Versus
|Season Series||2-0 Canucks
||3-2 Canucks Dec.28/11
|The Enemy||Fear The Fin||Scoring Leaders||
: 10-36-46 Thornton: 7-23-30|
Right off the hop: Chris Higgins returns to the Canucks lineup to face the Sharks.
are getting intense aren't they? A fantastic rivalry is happening that won't soon go away. After tomorrow's game, these 2 teams will only see each other one more time in the regular season: Saturday, January 21. The Sharks are running out of time for revenge in the scoreboard. REJECTED!
ROSTERS / LINES
- Sharks are 10-1 in their last 11 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Sharks are 11-5 in their last 16 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Sharks are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Sharks are 1-4 in their last 5 Monday games.
- Sharks are 0-4 in their last 4 road games.
- Sharks are 0-4 in their last 4 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 4-0 in their last 4 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 22-6 in their last 28 vs. Pacific.
- Canucks are 15-5 in their last 20 overall.
- Canucks are 9-3 in their last 12 Monday games.
- Canucks are 13-5 in their last 18 games playing on 1 days rest.
- More at Covers.com.
"I think we’re more worried about where we are in the standings right now," Couture said. "It doesn’t matter who we’re playing – we’re out of the playoffs as of today. We need points whoever we’re playing against. Obviously we would like to beat Vancouver and Anaheim, but we just need points right now."
The Sharks have played anywhere from 3 to 6 less games than any other team in the West.
Canucks beat Sharks at the Tank, again (December 28):
Love how this goal:
resembles this goal:
And just to chuck this video out there because it gave me the chills:
"Throes Of Rejection" is a Pantera song: