While wasting the time away before free agency starts tomorrow, I thought I'd take a look at the Canucks' all-time scoring charts, and see where our current 'golden generation' lie. It's quite interesting!
Let's start with the big one: Captain Hank could well finish the 2011-'12 season as our all-time points leader. All he needs is a 91 point season to over-take Markus Naslund - you have to think that, barring injury, he's a lock to achieve that milestone.
Dank lies 105 points behind Naslund, meaning he'd have to set a new career-high to pass Nazzy (not to mention Hank).
Rather than bore you all with endless stats about all our players, here's a few more to digest:
- Dank is just 13 behind 3rd-placed Stan Smyl in goals scored, and needs just 14 assists to make it a Hank-Dank combo at the top of the assists column
- Kesler would pass Hank in goals scored if he scores 26 more than Hank (quite possible)
- Three potential new members of our '500 Club' for GP - Salo is currently on 497, Keslord is on 484 and Burrows is on 442
- Lu needs just 19 wins to surpass King Richard Brodeur as the all-time winningest goalie in franchise history
- Bizarrely, despite us having 40 years of history (and goalies), Cory Schneider is already 21st all-time in franchise wins (no, really). And 16th in saves made.
So next season could be another to savour - not just for us, but for our lads too. Go Canucks Go!